APQN Database of Consultants
Nominated By: Manuel T. Corpus
Nominee Application Form: Part A
Family Names(s): Lapitan, Jr.
Mailing Address: San Gregorio St., Indang, Cavite
Office Telephone: 00634150010
Office Fax: 00634150012
Residence Telephone: 00634150504
Date of Birth: 04-04-1963
Current Position: Director, SPRINT Center
Current Employer: Cavite State University
Please indicate your fluency levels in various languages (Comma Separated)
Fluent in Reading: ENGLISH, FILIPINO. SPANISH
Fluent in Writing: ENGLISH, FILIPINO
Fluent in Speaking: ENGLISH, FILIPINO
Academic Qualifications and Training
1. Degree, Institution, Year Completed: MS Forestry, University of the Philippines Los Banos, 1989
2. Degree, Institution, Year Completed: PhD Forestry, University of the Philippines Los Banos, 1995
3. Degree, Institution, Year Completed: BS Forestry, University of the Philippines Los Banos, 1983
Nominee Application Form: Part B
- Institutional quality assurance reviews / audits
- Program reviews / accreditations
- General QA consultancy
- Training of experts/external reviewers
- Internal QA of institutions
- External review of institutions
- Quality Indicators and benchmarks
- Institutional assessment
- Institutional quality audits
- Institutional accreditation
Examples of Experience: National & International Consultations / Audit / Review
1. Brief Description: Assessed English-taught programs in Taiwan upon invitation of HEEACT.
Institution/City/Country: 1. National Taiwan University/ Taipei/ Taiwan 2. National Cheng Kung University/ Tainan/ Taiwan 3. National Central University/ Taoyuan/ Taiwan 4. Shih Hsin University/ Taipei/ Taiwan
Date: 16-20 June 2011
2. Brief Description: Observed the conduct of on-site institutional assessment in Taiwan upon invitation of HEEACT.
Institution/City/Country: Asia University/ Taichung/ Taiwan
Date: 25-26 May 2011
3. Brief Description: Served as chair/member of the Technical Working Group of the Institutional Quality Assurance through Monitoring and Evaluation project.
Institution/City/Country: Commission on Higher Education/ Philippines
Date: January 2005 to present
Type of Experience:
4. Brief Description: Conducted institutional (once only) and program evaluation as member of the Regional Quality Assessment Team (RQAT) of CHED and member of the board of trustees and accreditor of the Accrediting Agency of Chartered Colleges and Universities in the Philippines, Inc.
Institution/City/Country: more than 50 higher education institutions in the Philippines
Date: 1999- present
Type of Experience:
- Institutional Audit / Assessment
- Programme Review / Accreditation
Nominee Application Form: Part C
Please write a professional profile of 500 words.
Professional Summary Description: Lorenzo C. Lapitan, Jr.rn rnAn environmentalist, volunteer community worker and educator, Dr. Lorenzo C. Lapitan, Jr. has led a life of service to his mother institution, which is Cavite State University (CvSU), and the community at large.rnDr. Lapitan is the current Director of the CvSU Sugar Palm Research Information and Trade (SPRINT) Center. His past administrative experiences at CvSU include the following: Campus Administrator of CvSU â?? Naic; Dean of the College of Agriculture, Forestry, Environment and Natural Resources; Director for Planning and Development; Director for Public Information and Linkages; Director for Quality Assurance; and Director for Training and Extension Services. At CvSU, he is also a member of the Internal Assessment Body.rnAs a professor and researcher, his particular areas of expertise and interest are farming systems, biodiversity assessment, participatory development and agroforestry. He is the program leader of the Sugar Palm Research, Development and Extension Program of CvSU. He has won awards for some of his research and extension undertakings and has published several articles along many areas. He was also adjudged as Most Outstanding Faculty Member of CvSU in 1998.rnDr. Lapitan is fully engaged in volunteer community activities as a member of the Board of Trustees of the Philippine Rural Reconstruction Movement (PRRM) from 2003 to present. He also served as Corporate Secretary of this 55-year-old non-governmental organization from 2003-2009. Since 2002, he has been serving as President and Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Upland Cavite Habitat for Humanity â?? Indang Satellite, a ministry dedicated to providing decent houses to homeless families. Aside from these, he has been active in various movements, community outreach activities and consultancies.rnHe is a staunch advocate and prime mover of quality assurance and accreditation in higher education in the country being a veteran accreditor of the Accrediting Agency of Chartered Colleges and Universities in the Philippines, Inc. (AACCUP) wherein he has served as Overall Coordinator and Team Leader in various survey visits. He was named by the Commission on Higher Education as a national quality assessor and Chairman of the Technical Working Group on Institutional Monitoring and Evaluation for Quality Assurance (IQuAME). He is also a member of the CHED Region IV-A Regional Quality Assessment Team for Education, Agriculture and Forestry and related programs. He has experienced evaluating programs in some Taiwan universities upon invitation of the Higher Education Evaluation and Accreditation Council of Taiwan (HEEACT).rnDr. Lapitan is a licensed forester. He is a holder of Ph.D. in Forestry (major in Silviculture and Forest Influences, minor in Soil Science) from the University of the Philippines at Los BaÃ±os (UPLB) as a scholar of SEAMEO SEARCA. It was also in the same university where he finished MS Forestry in 1989 under the CvSU Faculty and Staff Development Program and BS Forestry in 1983 as a state scholar.rnDr. Lapitan is a member of several professional and honor societies including The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi; Crop Science Society of the Philippines; Society of Filipino Foresters; and Philippine Forest Research Society.
Located in: APQN Database of Consultants