Founded in 2003, the Asia-Pacific Quality Network (APQN) is a non-governmental and non-profit network who has been striving for “Enhancing the Quality of Higher Education in the Asia-Pacific Region” and "Dissolving Boundaries for a Quality Region".
After 18-year development, APQN has 246 members from 41 countries and territories, becomes the largest and the most influential international organization on higher education in this Region. APQN has played a crucial and unique role in improving the QA mechanism, exchanging theory and practice experiences, promoting substantive co-operations, establishing Consultant Bank, reviewing Asia-Pacific Quality Register(APQR) and Asia-Pacific Quality Label(APQL) in this Region.
Postponement of the Asia-Pacific Quality Network (APQN) 2021 Academic Conference (AAC) and Annual General Meeting (AGM)
Dear APQN members and participants,
Happy New Year and a Merry Christmas!
COVID-19 has been keeping the world in suspense. The APQN AAC Conference 2020 event had to be cancelled as the outbreak of the COVID-19 has caused governments around the world to impose severe travel restrictions and sanctions to combat the spread of the pandemic.
Finally, we will soon see the possibility of vaccines being made available worldwide. We hope that it will give some relief and indication of life returning to normalcy and business-as-usual activities pre-pandemic.
After assessing the situation and taking into consideration the availability of vaccines, travel, safety concerns, and timelines, the AQPN executive committee and organizing committee decided that the best period to hold the APQN Academic Conference and Annual General Meeting is in the later part of 2021.
We are glad to announce that we will hold The APQN AAC Conference 2021 on Thursday, 25 November 2021 online.
The theme is COVID-19 – Response Mechanism and Impact on Quality Assurance for Higher Education in the Asia-Pacific Region
- Teaching technology: Does education have a more prolonged approach to the pandemic?
- Academic quality: Shift in pedagogy and frameworks
- Recruitment: Recruiting and digital on boarding process
COVID-19 has had unprecedented impacts on many industries and the Education sector is no exception. Education Ministries, Education Institutions and Quality Assurance Agencies have all learned and adapted to assure and secure quality and academic standards for students despite the constantly evolving lockdown restrictions happening in our countries.
We believe in the next APQN AAC Conference 2021, our educational community will have much more to share and learn from each other as a result of our experiences with teaching during the COVID-19 pandemic. Hearing innovative ideas and experiences covering pedagogy, course design, admissions, assessment, academic integrity and quality assurance will be more fascinating and exciting.
More details will come up over the next few months about the programs and venue for APQN AAC Conference 2021, and we look forward to meeting you in November 2021.
Please look out for our future communication on 2022 AAC from APQN and the Local Organizing Committee.
We wish you great health and take care.
APQN Board and the Local Organizing Committee
Guidelines for Paper Submissions of 2021 APQN Academic Conference (AAC)
- Papers should be no more than 3000 words in length, including the appendices, tables, illustrations and photographs, plus an abstract of up to 200 words and a bio-sketch of 100 words with one photo of the author. The paper must be in English.
- Papers will be reviewed by a review committee. The acceptance of papers for inclusion in the programme is at the prerogative of the review committee, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- If your paper is selected for presentation, it is expected that you will have: 1) 10 minutes for PowerPoint Presentation (size is 16: 9); 2) 3 minutes for questions/discussion
- If accepted and presented at the 2021 AAC, your paper will be published in “2022 AAC Anthology” published by the APQN and EDUVALUE. Your permission for publishing will be requested.