About Asia Pacific Quality Network (APQN)
Founded in 2003, the Asia-Pacific Quality Network (APQN) is a non-governmental and non-profit network who has been striving for “Enhancing the Quality of Higher Education in the Asia-Pacific Region” and "Dissolving Boundaries for a Quality Region".
After 16-year development, APQN has 222 members from 41 countries and territories, becomes the largest and the most influential international organization on higher education in this Region. APQN has played a crucial and unique role in improving the QA mechanism, exchanging theory and practice experiences, promoting substantive co-operations, establishing Consultant Bank, reviewing Asia-Pacific Quality Register(APQR) and Asia-Pacific Quality Label(APQL) in this Region.
Postponement of the Asia-Pacific Quality Network (APQN) 2021 Academic Conference (AAC) and Annual General Meeting (AGM)
Dear APQN members and participants,
Happy New Year and a Merry Christmas!
COVID-19 has been keeping the world in suspense. The APQN AAC Conference 2020 event had to be cancelled as the outbreak of the coronavirus has caused governments around the world to impose severe travel restrictions and sanctions to combat the spread of the epidemic.
Finally, we will soon be seeing the possibility of coronavirus vaccines being made available worldwide. We hope that this will give some relief and indication of life returning to normalcy and business-as-usual activities pre-pandemic.
After assessing the situation and taking into consideration the availability of vaccines, travel, safety concerns, and timelines, the AQPN executive committee and organizing committee decided that the best period to hold the APQN Academic Conference and Annual General Meeting is in the later part of 2021.
We are glad to announce that we will hold The APQN AAC Conference 2021 from the17th to 20thNovember 2021in Singapore.
The theme is Quality Assurance for Higher Education under the COVID-19 Pandemicand beyond in the Asia-Pacific Region
- Digitalization of Quality Assurance
- Information TechnologyInnovations in Higher Education Accreditation
- Internationalization of Quality Assurance
- Quality Assurance of Outcome-Based Teaching and Learning
- The Role of the Governments
COVID-19 has had unprecedented impacts on many industries and the Education sector is no exception. Education Ministries, Education Institutions and Quality Assurance Agencies have all learned and adapted to assure and secure quality and academic standards for students despite the constantly evolving lockdown restrictions happening in our countries.
We believe in the next APQN AAC Conference 2021, our educational community will have much more to share and learn from each other as a result of our experiences with teaching during the COVID-19 pandemic. Hearing innovative ideas and experiences covering pedagogy, course design, admissions, assessment, academic integrity and quality assurance will be more interesting and exciting.
More details will be coming up over the next few months about the programs and venue for APQN AAC Conference 2021,block your datestoday, and we look forward to meeting you in November 2021 in Singapore.
Please look out for our future communication on 2022 AAC from APQN and the Local Organizing Committee.
We wish you great health and take care.
APQN Board and the Local Organizing Committee
- Papers should be no more than 3000 words in length, including the appendices, tables, illustrations and photographs, plus an abstract of up to 200 words and a bio-sketch of 100 words with one photo of the author. The paper must be in English.
- Papers will be reviewed by a review committee. The acceptance of papers for inclusion in the programme is at the prerogative of the review committee, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- If your paper is selected for presentation, it is expected that you will have: 1) 10 minutes for PowerPoint Presentation (size is 16: 9); 2) 3 minutes for questions/discussion
- If accepted and presented at the 2021 AAC, your paper will be published in “2022 AAC Anthology” published by the APQN and EDUVALUE. Your permission for publishing will be requested.