Call for Papers
Higher Education International Conference on Teaching and Learning QA in International Contexts by MPI and APQN
(2019/11/19-21, Macao, China)
Dear APQN Members,
In addition to research, the other two most important functions of higher education are teaching and learning. The 11th Higher Education International Conference on “Teaching and Learning Quality Assurance in International Contexts”, jointly organised by Macao Polytechnic Institute and the Asia-Pacific Quality Network, will be held in Macao from 19 to 21 November 2019.
This conference will adopt a wide-ranging view of what constituted the factors impacting on teaching and learning, focusing on their innovation and development aspects. International scholars and experts in different disciplines are cordially invited to participate and submit papers for presentation at the conference on topics relating to teaching and learning quality of higher education.
- International or regional comparative studies of teaching and learning quality assurance systems
- “Enhancement” of teaching and learning in higher education
- Outcome-based approach to teaching and learning
- Learning environment of students
- Student evaluation of teachers (SET) and teacher self-evaluation (TSE)
- Assessment of students’ professional competence
- Voice of students to enhance teaching effectiveness
- Use of information and communication technologies (ICTs) in teaching and learning enhancement
- Professional development for teachers in connection with teaching and students’ learning
- Quality assurance framework to safeguard and enhance experiences of international students
- Case studies of teaching and learning quality assurance in higher education with special reference to Asia-Pacific
- 12. Other relevant topics related to conference theme
Registration and Fee
Registration for this conference is free. The organisers will provide hotel accommodation for non-local participants. One single room with standard breakfast will be provided to one scholar for each accepted paper.
Please take a moment to share this email with colleagues who might be interested to participate in this professional exchange on quality assurance in higher education. For details, please refer to the conference website here(http://www.ipm.edu.mo/heconf2019/)
About Macao Polytechnic Institute
Situated in the beautiful Macao (China), a former Portuguese colony, Macao Polytechnic Institute (MPI) is a public institution of higher education with an emphasis on applied knowledge and skills. MPI’s motto is “knowledge, expertise and global vision”, and the Institute strives to achieve international standards in teaching and learning, building an e-campus, ensuring administrative compliance with the law and sound research management. Currently, MPI offers many undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in various academic areas. MPI has been committed to seeking accreditation to improve management and teaching quality, being Macao’s first higher education institution having a successful Institutional Review by the Quality Assurance Agency (QAA), UK. Most of its undergraduate programmes have also been academically/professionally accredited internationally.
About MPI’s Higher Education International Conference
To promote the development of higher education in the region, MPI has been organising international conferences since 2009 on different themes of higher education, creating opportunities for higher education scholars and practitioners to interact and exchange ideas and best practices in Macao. The conference takes the form of keynote speeches, parallel sessions, workshops, invited talks and expert panel discussions attracting hundreds of professionals from around the world to share their insights and experiences in various areas. Previous conferences have featured keynote talks by incumbents from prominent universities and quality assurance agencies in the UK, Portugal, Australia, New Zealand, India, Sri Lanka, China, Hong Kong, among others.
We sincerely look forward to having you at our conference this year.
Conference Organising Committee
The 11th Higher Education International Conference on Teaching and Learning Quality Assurance in International Contexts, 19-21 November 2019, Macao