- Pictures for APQN 2013 Quality Award Ceremony (Members' only)
- Pictures for APQN 2013 Conference and AGM (Members' only)
- APQN Quality Award Ceremony in Taipei, Honours Champions of Quality Assurance
- APQN Signs MoU to Recognise ONESQA, Thailand as Quality Hub
- APQN Annual Report 2012
- Call for Nominations for APQN Quality Awards
- Result of 2013 APQN Board Election
- Information for APQN 2013 Conference and AGM_Chinese Taipei_April 7-8, 2013
- APQN Signs MoU with COL, Canada to Promote Quality and Excellence
- APQN Exchange Programme 2012
APQN Signs MoU with COL, Canada to Promote Quality and Excellence
We are pleased to announce that Asia-Pacific Quality Network (APQN) has signed a MoU with the Commonwealth of Learning (COL), Canada to initiate various projects for facilitating the promotion of quality enhancement and institutional excellence of higher education institutions.
Prof. Asha Kanwar, President& CEO of COL and Dr. Jagannath Patil, APQN President signed the MoU recently and mapped the future course of action.
COL is an inter-governmental organization created by Commonwealth Heads of Government in 1987.
COL has the objective to encourage the development and sharing of open and distance education, knowledge, resources and technologies and to assist Commonwealth member governments to benefit from this.
APQN is a non-profit organization established in 2003 by the quality assurance agencies, as well as other bodies with the interest in quality assurance, with the mission to enhance the quality of higher education in Asia and the Pacific region through strengthening the work of quality assurance agencies and extending the cooperation between them.
The objective of this MOU is to identify possible avenues for collaboration and to establish the basis of collaboration where it is mutually beneficial. The key issues identified for collaborative projects include:
• Compilation and dissemination of best practices and innovations in higher education institutions;
• Sharing the toolkits developed for quality assurance of ODL programmes in teacher education and higher education;
• Networking of higher education institutions and related quality assurance agencies;
• Developing quality benchmarking for dual-mode/flexible forms of higher education institutions
• Evolving process based quality indicators for various modes of higher education programmes; and
• Strengthening institutional quality assurance systems.
APQN Board has complimented APQN President Dr. JP and COL president Prof. Asha Kanwar for this initiative while endorsing this MoU.
Prof. Li Yaogang