- APQN Signs MoU to Recognise ONESQA, Thailand as Quality Hub
- APQN Annual Report 2012
- Call for Nominations for APQN Quality Awards
- Result of 2013 APQN Board Election
- Information for APQN 2013 Conference and AGM_Chinese Taipei_April 7-8, 2013
- APQN Signs MoU with COL, Canada to Promote Quality and Excellence
- APQN Exchange Programme 2012
APQN Exchange Programme 2012
I Highlights of the project
1. APQN has successfully conducted over 50 exchange visits with support World Bank and UNESCO which has helped experts and agencies in building alliances and developing capacity.
2. In this self-sustaining period for APQN, we propose an exchange programme which is purely on reciprocal basis in which both financial and in-kind contribution is expected from the mentor and mentees.
3. In ideal situations QAA official or assessors will be sponsored international air travel by the parent QA agency. Local transport, hospitality and accommodation will be taken care by the host agency.
4. APQN will co-ordinate between host agency and nominated officials. APQN is also exploring possibilities of securing some funds from international bodies to support exchange programme.
5. It is expected that host QA agency can collaborate with local university and other bodies which can provide subsidized low cost accommodation.
6. Timing of exchange programme can be arranged in such a way that a group of QA officials from different countries can undergo training programme at the same time.
7. It is desirable that exchange programme can include activities like observation of peer review visit, participation in reviewing /assessors training programmes and visit to the internal quality assurance cell(IQAC)of higher education institutions(HEIs) besides interaction with agency staff.
8. The member QAA which offers maximum number of opportunities to delegates under the APQN exchange programme will be recognised and considered for special rewards during the forthcoming APQN annual conference and AGM in 2013.
II The Host QA Agency – Call for Applications
For purposes of implementing this project, APQN calls for the support of member agencies with well developed QA systems and sufficient capacity for mentoring the trainees. Expression of interest should indicate in what ways the host will be able to mentor the interns. Please give us the name, email address, telephone number and mobile number of the contact person from your agency with whom the intern will communicate.
Kindly submit the proposed program for the intern including accommodation arrangements. Cost on local hospitality and accommodation etc, is to be borne by host agency. Once the intern has been informed by the Secretariat that his/her internship has been approved, the host agency should take over and run the program.
III Call for Participants to Exchange Program
APQN members interested in participating in the exchange Program should nominate officers or persons who hold responsible positions in their agency. Kindly send the CV of your nominee to the APQN Secretariat by 21st August 2012. Nominating agency will pay international travel of its nominees.
Nominations should be made by or endorsed by the head of the agency. Nominees should submit an application detailing what they expect from the exchange programme and in what ways the visit will be useful to their agencies.
IV Final Decision
Selection of host agencies and persons for the Exchange placements will be made by the APQN Committee.
V. Timeline for Applications
Deadline for accepting applications to serve as host agency: 21st August 2012
Deadline for accepting applications to participate in the exchange Program: 21st August 2012
APQN will issue certificate to participants who complete visit under exchange programme. Host agency may also like to issue similar certificate to visiting officials. Visiting officials as well as host will submit a learning report, which could be used to analyze impact of APQN exchange programme.