- Program of APQN 2014 Conference and AGM released!
- Extension Announcement of Conference Online Registration and Payment Deadline!
- Call for Nominations for 5th APQN Online Forum
- Paper Submission Extension Announcement!
- Call for Nominations of APQN Quality Awards 2014 !
- Call for EoIs-hosting APQN 2015 Conference!
- APQN 2014 Conference and AGM：Call for Contributions and Registration open!
- APQN 2014 Conference and AGM on March 7-8, 2014 in Hanoi, Vietnam
- Fu Jen and APQN Seminar: Quality Assurance and higher education internationalization
- Presentations and pictures for the APQN 2013 Conference and AGM (Members only)
- Pictures for APQN 2013 Quality Award Ceremony
- APQN Quality Award Ceremony in Taipei, Honours Champions of Quality Assurance
- APQN Signs MoU to Recognise ONESQA, Thailand as Quality Hub
- APQN Annual Report 2012
- Call for Nominations for APQN Quality Awards
- Result of 2013 APQN Board Election
- APQN Signs MoU with COL, Canada to Promote Quality and Excellence
APQN President: Dr Jagannath Patil (Appointed)
Dr. Jagannath Patil is the President of Asia Pacific Quality Network [APQN], the largest regional network of QA bodies from over 40 countries. An internationally recognized quality assurance professional, Dr. Patil serves as Deputy Adviser at National Assessment and Accreditation Council of India.
Dr JP has served as consultant on various national and international missions including that of UNESCO, World Bank, etc. As experienced QA Professional of the leading QA agency and Board member of APQN for several years, he has shared his QA expertise to many HEIs and QAAs across the world. His key assignment was as consultant on UNESCO/ World Bank mission to Association of African Universities- AAU, Accra to help capacity building initiative of emerging African QA Network. He led an international Project group on 'Student Participation in Quality Assurance' under the auspices of Asia Pacific Quality Network-APQN. As the APQN Vice- President he is Chair of the Finance Committee and provides oversight to several Projects of APQN funded by GIQAC under auspices of UNESCO and World Bank. In June 2012, Dr JP was invited as Chair of international panel to review the regulatory Framework of the Tertiary Education Commission, Mauritius. This exercise is part of World Bank funded proposal.
As an Adviser of NAAC he has coordinated Assessment and Accreditation exercise of about 500 Higher Educational Institutions. He is also associated with large number of activities of NAAC including workshops, assessors training programs and surveys. In past 3 years he has coordinated as many as 4 Assessor Interaction Meetings [Training Programs] of NAAC and has been a resource person, facilitator in more than a dozen such programs.
Dr Patil was also convener of international conference on student participation hosted by NAAC and APQN jointly. As convener of OC he played key role in organization of APQN 2011 international conference hosted by NAAC at Bangalore.
He has visited Spain, France, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Malaysia, South Africa, Thailand, China, Hong Kong, Sri Lanka, Mauritius, Japan, Fiji and the United States of America on academic assignments and made presentations and/or conducted workshops in quality assurance as resource person. He has participated as international expert/observer in assessment exercise abroad and also provided orientation to many international delegates about accreditation process in India. Dr. Patil has also been a Moderator of APARNET, an online community of UNESCO Bangkok.
He has authored and edited publications on accreditation and quality assurance under the auspices of NAAC, APQN and other international fora. Apart from several papers, he has edited two prominent books-'Best practices in student feedback and Participation' and "International perspectives on student participation in quality enhancement' on behalf of NAAC and APQN. Among various recognitis, he is recipient of a prestigious international award by the Government of Australia titled- Endeavor India Executive Award for year 2007.
JP can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or http://www.apqn.org/about/board/patil.php
Deputy Adviser, National Assessment and Accreditation Council
NAAC, P. O. Box No. 1075, Nagarbhavi,, Bangalore – 560 072
Tel: +91 80 2300 5116
Mob: +94 4902 7036
Fax: +91 80 2321 0268